2. Age: 26
3. Where abouts are you located? You don't need to be specific, just a
general idea. northwest florida
4. What instruments do you play and for how long? flute for about 10 years... and percussion, about 7 years (i was in pit, so i played various percussion instruments)
5. What kind of band are you a part of? currently, i'm not. :o( i was in marching band and indoor percussion ensemble in high school... and then an independent drumline (cynosure ♥ r.i.p.) after i graduated. i would probably still be doing it, but i'm now over the age limit. i'm sort of a band groupie now. lol
6. What is the best thing about being a band geek? everything. i loved it all... the long practices in the sun, band class, bus trips... but i think the very best part was all of the friends i made. i've been out of high school for almost 9 years now, and i'm still very close to a lot of my fellow bandos.
7. Tell us a bit about your band days. Include a special band memory. oh man.. i miss band so much! one of my very favorite memories was when we went to pasadena for the rose bowl parade (waaay back in '96). it was the first time i'd ever been on a plane or to california. it was so beautiful! we got to go to the hollywood bowl, mahn's chinese theater, the san diego zoo and rodeo drive... it was awesome. and the parade! it was incredible... there were so many people and the floats were massive. all in all, it was an amazing trip. even though we did have to steal someone's pizza in the hotel, because some of the food they gave us was completely inedible. lol
8. What's your favorite tune? la suerte de los tontos (that was our marching band opener my sophomore year) and luck be a lady (freshman year opener)
9. How annoying is practicing to you? there were times i hated practicing, but not enough to not do it.
10. Why do you consider yourself a geek? well, its getting close to time for my 10 year high school reunion... and i still wish i could go back to be in band. lol i'd say that's got geek written all over it.
11. Tell us about the kind of music you like outside of band. classic rock, mostly... tom petty, the eagles, skynyrd, queen... and i love 80's pop.
12. We really would like to become a large community, so please promote us! This can be in your journal, your user info, a friend's journal, a myspace bulletin, a promotion journal, anywhere promoting is allowed. You can find buttons and their codes here. Please post the link here.
13. Please post a picture so we can put a face to the name. [And create your member banner.]
melanie and jacob (my fiance)
our beautiful baby boy (and future band geek) brody jackson